To assist you with your decision on your new home, we are providing a list of guidelines used to qualify applicants for residency at Blairstone Apartment Homes. Nothing contained in these requirements shall constitute representation by Blairstone Apartment Homes that all residents and occupants currently residing in our community have met or currently meet these guidelines. All lease holding residents must meet our qualification standards as outlined below. It is possible that an application may be denied due to criminal convictions. Subject to their compliance with applicable laws, qualification standards include, but are not limited to, the following criteria:
All lease holding applicants must have a verifiable source of income in an amount in accordance with current community guidelines and indication of applicant’s continued prospects for this income. Rent to income ratio cannot exceed 30%. Debt to income ratio cannot exceed 60%. Documents needed: Pay stubs from the last two months, or original tax returns for the last 2 years, with attached W-2 forms. Self-employed must provide original form of Annual Tax Return form 1040 for the last 2 years, 1099 forms, or last 2 months of pay stubs.
Our screening provider evaluates credit and rental history against indicators of future rent payment performance. An unsatisfactory or insufficient finding may result in denial. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their credit history is accurate.
Applicants must present a valid United States government issued photo identification card for each person age 18 years and older that will be living in the apartment.
GUARANTOR – COSIGNER
We do not accept guarantors or co-signers. For purposes of financial eligibility pursuant to the minimum financial qualifications for housing, income of joint applicants can be combined.
Our investigation includes criminal background screening. It is possible your application may be denied due to criminal convictions. We conduct criminal background screening on leaseholders and occupants over the age of 18.
We are committed to keeping the grounds and your individual homes up to the standards you have come to expect and enjoy. As a pet owner (or future pet owner), you know that all animals require special care and supervision; they can do costly damage to your home. We need your help!
- Only two pets are allowed per household. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Only cats and dogs, which weigh less than 50 pounds at their full adult weight, are allowed in the apartment. No puppies or kittens are allowed. Dogs must be fully grown and have attained their full adult weight before being accepted to live in the resident’s apartment. There are several breeds of dogs that are absolutely prohibited, no matter how docile you may consider your pet. These include, but are not limited to, Pit Bull-Type, Rottweiler, German Shepherd, Husky-Type (including Siberian breeds), Malamute, Doberman Pinscher, Chow Chow, Wolf-Dog Hybrid.
- All pets must be spayed or neutered and evidence must be presented to the property manager.
- Every pet must be registered with both the property manager’s office and local authorities. You will be required to sign a Pet Agreement, show the animal to the property manager, and provide evidence of their vaccinations (worms, rabies, etc.) and registration tags. The property manager will approve pets on a case-by-case basis, regardless of breed.
- There is a non-refundable pet fee of $300 per pet and the monthly pet rent is $45 per pet.
- Pets must be leashed and always be with a member of the household at any time outside of the home. You may not tie the pet up to a tree, your car, or any other object. You are ultimately responsible for your dog or cat’s behavior. Aggressive or noisy animals will not be tolerated and you will be asked to remove the animal from the property. It is unfair to your neighbors.
- You must clean up after your dog and dispose of the “mess” in the trash. While this is an unpleasant task, it is even more unpleasant when someone steps in the mess. It is unfair and unhealthy to other tenants to have dog droppings around the property.
- The property manager reserves the right to require you to remove your pet, immediately, without cause, without recourse, and without returning your pet rent.
- Visitor pets are not permitted.
FAIR HOUSING STATEMENT
Management is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local fair housing laws. Management subscribes to a universal policy for the achievement of equal housing and no person will be discriminated against because of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other applicable laws protecting specific classes.
In order to be added to the waitlist, you need to fill out an application online or at the leasing office and meet all rental criteria requirements. Once the application has been approved, it will automatically be added to the waitlist. The waitlist is on a first come first serve basis. The office staff will call everyone on the waitlist before attending to the other people interested.
APPLICANT APPROVAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Applicant agrees to and acknowledges that all qualifying criteria referenced above will be considered in the screening process. Screening recommendations are based on the overall screening report from a third-party provider. Applicants who do not meet the requirements referenced above may be declined.
INFORMATION & DOCUMENTS
To fill out the application please have all the information and documents below ready. We won’t be able to process the application if the information is incomplete or documents are missing.
1. Photo ID of the applicant.
2. Pay stubs from the last two months, or original tax returns for the last 2 years, with attached W-2 forms.
3. Self-employed must provide original tax returns for the last 2 years, with attached W-2 forms.
4. Social security number of the applicant.
5. Names of all occupants who will be living with you, their relationship to you, and their age.
6. Rental history with the name and phone number of a contact person.